Cold Laser Therapy for Arthritis
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES TO TAKE
The truth is, there is no sure way to completely eliminate arthritis symptoms. However, there are a few healthy habits that you can practice in order to prevent the onset of weather induced symptoms and feel relief from the pain. These include:
- Staying Hydrated – It goes without saying that you should always be drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. However, did you know that this is especially important when you are suffering from arthritis? Staying hydrated has been proven to help you keep your joints internally lubricated resulting in less pain.
- Eating Omega-3 Rich Foods – Omega-3 fatty acids are a healthy polyunsaturated fat that provide a number a health benefits including reducing inflammation in the body. If you aren’t already consuming foods like this, consider incorporating more of it into your diet. Omega-3 rich foods include eggs, fish (salmon, trout, and mackerel), yogurt, soy milk and avocados.
- Avoiding Fried and Processed Foods – A study performed by researchers from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine found that fried and processed foods increase inflammation within the body. By simply cutting down on the amount of fried and processed foods you consume, you could actually help restore your body’s natural defenses to help prevent your arthritis symptoms and reduce inflammation.
- Exercising – Indoor swimming is a great low-impact exercise that everyone can participate in. Simply head over to the nearest community center or fitness facility and dive right in. Swimming is said to help loosen up sore joints and help extend your range of motion which is helpful when dealing with joint pain.
- Staying Warm – One of the simplest, yet most effective tips yet. With winter on its way, you’ll want to protect your joints from the cold and/or extreme temperatures of winter by bundling up. Whether it be simply cranking up your heat at home, investing in a heated blanket or dressing in layers when headed outdoors, keeping your joints warm will help you ease your weather induced pain without the use of drugs.